Laundry disinfection controls
- All staff wash hands and apply sanitiser (alcohol based sanitiser spray San-Spray) every time they enter the laundry
- Staff are temperature checked each morning when they arrive for work and the history of body temperature is logged to indicate base temperature. Staff with fluctuating temperatures are sent home
- Drivers are supplied with hand sanitiser (San-Spray), gloves and plastic bags. No drivers can accept soiled linen that isn’t bagged and closed.
- Laundry is sprayed and surfaces are wiped down with a concentrated detergent disinfectant (Surfi-San) 3 times per day
- All clean linen bags are sprayed with disinfectant (Surfi-San) on leaving the laundry
- Vehicles are sprayed with disinfectant (Surfi-San) at the end of each shift
- Laundry bags are cleaned and sprayed (Surfi-San) each day
- Non-essential staff work from home
Linen hygiene control – disinfection
- Our laundry machines automatically dose appropriate levels of industrial peracetic-acid based disinfectant which contain a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and acetic acid. Chemcial suppliers and products are:
- Amazichem: AMC- Peracetic Acid
- Orlichem: Peroxysan
- Every wash will be disinfected in accordance with instructions from both the machine manufacturer and chemical supplier.